Chefs’ Circle: creating recipes for the future
From July 17th to 19th 2018, Les vergers Boiron gathered 18 pastry chef partners from around the world at the ENSP in Yssingeaux, France.
Their mission: to exchange ideas and prepare the recipes of the future.
A peek behind the scenes.
A recipe for success:
- Take 18 great chefs from across the world, from Azerbaijan to Finland, via Russia and Lebanon.
- Bring them to the École Nationale Supérieure de la Pâtisserie (ENSP) in Yssingeaux (http://www.ensp-adf.com), France’s (and perhaps the world’s) foremost pastry training school.
- Ask each one of them to create some spectacular and delicious recipes to inspire chefs around the world.
- Give them access to the fully equipped kitchen laboratories of the ENSP, a studio to photograph their creations and another to take their portraits in their finest attire (donning their Les vergers Boiron consultant chef jackets).
- Before getting them to work like crazy, invite them to a relaxing dinner in the unspoiled countryside near Yssingeaux at a very original liqueur-producing distillery, La Vertueuse (https://www.saveursdessucs.com).
- Get them to work together the next day, sharing their best ideas and tricks of the trade, while having fun and pushing themselves to the limit of their abilities during an energy-charged day, with a generous dose of friendship and good vibes.
- In the evening, take them to the amazing light-and-sound show at Puy-en-Velay (http://www.puydelumieres.fr/infos-pratiques/), where a church perched atop a volcano turns into a surrealistic wedding cake.
- Bring everyone together at the great Tournayre restaurant in Puy-en-Velay (https://www.restaurant-tournayre.com/fr,1,12399.html) to cap a memorable day.
- Finish the three days of sharing with a course at the ENSP to get them to think about the future, a moment that everyone will take home with them as one of the highlights of the trip.
- Let these experiences rest for a few months and gather them again to share their creations again at the Sirha (www.sirha.com) January 26th to 30th 2019 in Lyon (France) on the Les vergers Boiron stand.
The 18 chefs present at Yssingeaux:
Eran SHVARTZBARD, Pastry Chef, Israel
Alon SHABO, Pastry Chef, Israel
Emile PILLOT, Pastry Chef, France
Kevin LOPES, Pastry Chef, UK
Martin LIPPO, Chef, Spain
Gilles WINTENBERGER, Pastry Chef, Oman
Martina KOMPEL, Chef, Germany
Ewald KNAUF, Pastry Chef, Germany
Mads KILSTRUP, Pastry Chef, Denmark
Oleg IIYIN, Pastry Chef, Russia
Guilherme GUISE, Pastry Chef, Finland
Ghislain GAILLE, Pastry Chef, Turkey
Jean-Christophe DUC, Pastry Chef, Germany
Marc BALAGUER, Pastry Chef, Spain
Arpad SZUCS, Pastry Chef, Hungary
Feray AYDOGDU, Pastry Chef, Turkey
Rena ALKAN, Pastry Chef, Azerbaijan
Pierre ABI HAYLA, Pastry Chef, Lebanon