Fruit NestPastry recipe
Vanilla ganache (to be prepared the day before)
- cream 35% - 350g
- Prepared fish gelatine powder, 200 bloom - 3.75g
- Cold water - 23g
- white chocolate 34% - 115g
- Vanilla pod - 1
1) Mix the gelatine and water and leave to bloom 15 mins in the refrigerator.
2) Heat 175 g of liquid cream with the scraped vanilla pod (add the pulp and the pod).
3) Pour the cream over the white chocolate. Remove the vanilla pod then emulsify the cream and chocolate mixture in the blender.
4) Add the remaining 175 g of cold cream to your mixture and then smooth with a stick blender.
5) Store 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Softened butter - 150g
- Icing sugar - 95g
- Almond powder - 30g
- Guerande Salt - 1g
- Vanilla (powder) - 1g
- Beaten egg - 58g
- Flour T55 - 250g
- Egg yolk - 1
- cream 35% - 2 teaspoons
1) Using a mixer fitted with a blade, cream the butter with the icing sugar, almond powder, sea salt and powdered vanilla.
2) Emulsify by gradually adding the eggs.
3) Pour in the flour all at once and gently fold it in without overworking your dough. Set aside in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
4) Once your dough is chilled, roll it out thinly with a rolling pin then line your previously lightly buttered circles with the pastry (to be turned out easily and for a beautiful outer colour).
5) Block your lined moulds 2/3 hours in the freezer before baking.
6) Bake your frozen pastry bases at 160 °C convection oven for 15 / 20 mins.
7) Turn out and leave to cool before brushing your pastry bases with the egg yolk + liquid cream wash.
8) Continue to bake for 10 mins at 160 °C in a convection oven. Set aside to cool.
- Softened butter - 100g
- White granulated sugar - 100g
- Almond powder - 100g
- Beaten egg - 100g
1) Mix together the softened butter with white sugar and ground almonds.
2) Add the eggs and beat together.
3) Fill the pastry bases to 3/4 using a piping bag.
4) Bake for 7 / 10 mins at 160 °C.
- white chocolate 34% - 50g
- Cocoa butter - 13g
- Grated coconut - 13g
- Feuillantine - 40g
1) Melt the chocolate and cocoa butter.
2) Pour the mixture onto the grated coconut and feuillantine and mix.
Mango-passion fruit cream
- Egg - 75g
- Egg yolk - 55g
- Sugar - 45g
- Butter - 70g
- Prepared fish gelatine powder, 200 bloom - 2g
- Water - 12g
1) Mix the gelatine and water and allow to cool for 15 mins.
2) Cook the fruit puree, eggs and sugar like a custard at 83 °C.
3) Remove from heat and add the gelatine.
4) Leave to cool to 40°C, and add the cold butter. Mix using a hand blender.
Mango-passion fruit confit
- Water - 65g
- Sugar - 65g
- Pectin NH - 8g
1) Cook the fruit purees and water at 40 °C.
2) Mix the pectin and sugar then add to the above mixture.
3) Cook at 103 °C.
Set aside in the refrigerator.
Spread a thin layer of coconut crisp in the pastry bases filled with almond cream.
Garnish with mango-passion cream then smooth the top.
Leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Beat your vanilla ganache but not too firm. It must remain soft.
Pipe out the beaten ganache into spikes over your cream using a 16 mm piping bag.
Scoop out small wells from the top of your ganache spikes with a melon baller.
Mix the mango-passion confit with a stick blender to make it smooth and pipe out into the small wells.